Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Holidays/2Sketches4You

Hello.  I got my Flourishes stamps in the mail yesterday that I won.  I was so excited to see that I had won the entire release.  Have I mentioned before that they have some of the best stamps?  I am always impressed with the quality and it is the fastest shipping I have ever got from any company.  All of the ladies over there are fabulous.
So anyway...I made a card using the new Christmas Classics set.  If you have been here before you know I have mentioned that I LOVE birds.  Every morning I sit on the deck, read my emails, check blogs, and listen the the birds sing.  It warms my heart and soul.  There isn't much else better than this.  It gives me inner peace.
 This has got to be one of my favorite cards I have ever made.  It came together so easy and I am very please with the whole feel of the card.  I used the sketch at 2Sketches4You.  They have 3 sketches this week.  I am sure you can manage to play with one of them, right?
 I was playing around the other nigh with all of my PTI background sets.  I just stamped this script background on a scrap piece of paper and aged it with some Tim Holtz distress inks in Fine Linen and Vintage Photo.  Same colors are used for the circle Spellbinder distressing.  I also used some Martha Stewart Snow and Glitter for the berries and braches.  I am going to miss the Cardinals in the snow this year.  Heck, I am going to miss the snow period!  Seriously, I love it when it snows, and we had plenty of it in Iowa.  Somehow I just don't think I am going to see any here in Alabama. 

I also have some HAPPY MAIL to share with you.  Two of my wonderful blog friends sent me some goodies.

***The sweet Dawn from My Stamping Thyme sent me this wonderful ornament using the same set I used on my card.  This is what inspired me to make this card last night.  She knows how much I love birds and sent me the ornament and a beautiful card.


***Then the sweet Stella from A Little Bit of the Things I Enjoy sent me a sweet card and little roses she always uses on her cards.  Can't wait to use them.  Thank you Stella.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

24 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my! I LOVE your cardinal card! So sweet...and the snow is such a great touch! I have to have one of your cards! Do you sell them in your Etsy shop? Or maybe we could swap? What a sweet card and flowers to get in the mail! Just love that kind of mail! :)

Brandi said...

Heather,
Your cardinal holiday card is simply beautiful! I popped over to the flourishes website and looked at their stamps and they are so beautiful! They really seem to fit your style, since you seem to color in detail on most of your cards. Congrats on the win! So are you originally from Iowa, yet moved to Alabama? If so, I am opposite of you. I moved from the South (Arkansas) to the North (New York). It is different, but I love it. The thing I miss the most is the good southern fried food. Yummy!
Brandi

Lindsay said...

This card is just lovely Heather! Everything about it is so beautiful, the papers and of course the cardinal. Wonderful coloring job!

Ros said...

Absolutely fabulous card Heather ... well done winning those stamps too! And your lovely goodies ... you must be delighted ... Happy for you

farmhouse-story said...

congrats on your win, heather! your card is simply stunning, girl! LOVE your coloring is beautiful-love the glitter on this, too:)

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card, it's beautiful! lucky girl, congrats on winning the entire release. that's awesome! have fun playing with your goodies!
love the cards from dawn and stella!
thanks for sharing and have a great day!
*hugs* steph :)

Home and Heart said...

I love birds too Heather, especially vintage style bluebirds. I ADORE the beautiful red, you always inspire!

Julie Koerber said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Heather!!! LOVE the layout and your coloring on that birdie is divine! So glad your happy mail came and... leave it to Dawn to give you a little extra - I think she's one of the sweetest women alive! ;-)

Jodi Collins said...

This is beyond GORGEOUS Heather!!
LOve THIS!

Lynnda said...

OOh... Heather... Your card is so beautiful... the bird stamp and colors are so devine... I love... to be honest... all your cards are simply beautiful...

I love happy mail too... and congrats on the WIN... have a good one..xx

Jean Martin said...

This is gorgeous Heather!!!! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Hi Heather Congrats on your Win and what lovely gifts to receive,
WOW!! this card is absolutely stunning and I can see why it's your favourite such a beautiful image and your colouring is amazing Dps are simply breathtaking your detail throughout is breathtaking on this creation take care, Hugs
Sarah xx

Dawn B. said...

I am so excited that you won.. I know you will be getting those stamps inky all the time.. I LOVE this stamp.. I used the exact same stamp and layout for a card I created for tomorrow.. Yours is better..:) Awesome job...Huge hugs..

Suzanne C said...

Love the card! Gorgeous design and love the cardinal! Love the flourishes stamps and lucky you!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What beautiful creations Heather! Love that vibrantly colored Cardinal! So happy to see you playing along with 2Sketches4You ;)

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty Heather!! Love them!!! Missed your blog, so nice to be back again :) :) :) :) hugs

Margaret said...

Thanks for visiting, Heather. I 've been very busy lately as we had our clinic 's health & safety audit and I am the rep. We came out top 10 of the country, so not bad. It just has been sucking up all my time and energy with little time to craft. You might not see me too often in the coming months, but I 'm still around and appreciate your work and visits. I am preparing for another exam; academic international english language test, so I can register in the UK as physio and maybe work in the US in the future. I do have a few things up my sleeve... Anyway, I came to comment and I must say that your Christmas card is FABULOUS. Looove the red, yummy. That's what I call "winter-crisp". Very eye-cathing.

Stella said...

You're welcome! I am glad you liked them.
I love this card; it's the kind of Christmas card I dream of; such a beauty and fabulous.

Congratulations on your win; so well deserved; your cards are masterpieces!
Hugs,
Stella

Tracy said...

I love this card Heather. The stamp if just beautiful and you did such a wonderful job with it. All that yummy red is just gorgeous. Lovely!

Melissa Sauls said...

My goodness girlie, you have been busy!!! That is one GORGEOUS cardinal card my friend. Absolutely stunning!

Inger Harding said...

Wowwwwwwww BEAUTIFUL christmas card Heather!!!!
That image is wonderful!
Love your card!
Have a nice weekend.

♥ Hugs, Inger

cnelson said...

I am soooooo in love with your card!! Completely GORGEOUS!!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous card Heather!!!! Can't wait to see what you make with those roses!

Sue Lelli said...

This cardinal card is STUNNING! LOVE the "snow" and the distressing is just FAB! You have become such an expert at that! LOVE the patchwork background and that cardinal - well what can I say???!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs