Saturday, April 2, 2011

CR84FN 22

Hello!  I hope you are having as good a weekend as I am.  It was a beautiful 78 sunny skies and a few white fluffy clouds in the sky.  My husband, son and I went for a walk on the trail this morning.  We walked a good 3 to 4 miles.  The wind was gently blowing and the sun felt so great on my skin.  I even got a little red on my face.  It took us about an hour an a half to walk that trail and back home again.  I can do that every day...weather permitting.  With all the grey days and rain we have had lately, this was a welcome surprise.

I have a card to share with you for this weeks colors at CR84FN.  Since it is a new month that also means we have a new Guest Designer.  It is the wonderfully talented Silke Ledlow.  She is one of my dear sweet blog friends and I am happy to have her join us.


 It was my other sweet and wonderfully talented blog friend Lynn  from Millers Ink birthday last week.  So I sent her this in the mail for her birthday.  She already received it, so I am safe showing it.  I will also mention she has been a great supporter of the CR84FN challenge.  She has played pretty much from the beginning. 


I used my new PTI set Button Boutique and paper from 3 different companies.  I keep all my scraps of paper in a basket and that is what I reach for first before cutting up a new piece.  One of the best ideas I have ever had.  I started that years ago when I was scrapbooking and used my Cricut.  They came handy for little pieces.

 Look at this beautiful graphic Mona's sweet hubby put together for you to be inspired by.


Don't forget to stop by and see what the other girls have created for your viewing pleasure.

Mona
Suzanne
Deborah
Stephanie
Sue
Andrea
Lisa
Silke (Guest Designer for April)

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

27 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Gorgeous as always Heather! I love how you used two different tones of seam binding, it looks awesome! Love that button card too :)

Sue Lelli said...

Heather, LOVE how those 3 papers go so well together! LOVE your two tone bow and the button card! SUPER b-day card for Lynn!

Laurel said...

A stunner!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome card Heather! Love how you made great use of your scraps and your multi colored bow looks fab! Sounds like you had a great day with your family :)

Vio said...

You are the sweetest girl to be sending such lovely cards to your friends. I love what you did with this one. Green is a no-no color for me sometimes, so I always love new inspiration! Thank you for sharing hun!

Family time is the best!! You sound like an awesome mom (like mine!)

farmhouse-story said...

your card...uh, my card is gorgeous--right down to the cute green pin! thank you so much, heather!! now, could you please send the 70's over to indy?

Annika said...

Squinting my eyes here trying to figure out how did you create that GORGEOUS bow.lol
Oh, and the colour combo is spot on! Fresh and different!
Hugs
Annika

Ros said...

Another beautiful card ... I love the PTI set too ... you've really got those colours spot on ... and I love your bow ... your walk sounds lovely ...

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful background papers! Love the vintage button card and the buttons. Sweet and lovely! Your weather sounds beautiful and what a lovely time to take a walk with the family!

Heather said...

Another beautiful card, Heather! I adore the vintage button card and the two tone bow, just lovely!

Jean Martin said...

This is so beautiful Heather! I didn't buy that die when I got that stamp set...maybe I should have? Your ribbons are ALWAYS perfect!!! How do you do it?! I should take more time in making mine. And I always love how you combine ribbons. I want to play now because of this card! :)

Sandy said...

You've done it again...another beautiful card. I love those colors and what you've done with them.

Kim Duran said...

Heather, this is so pretty! I am going to try and play along in the challenge this week. I love the colors! I am sure Lynn loves her card! How sweet of you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Love the mix of patterned paper and that vintage button card is just fabulous!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are out enjoying the beautiful weather.. Makes for a happy day doesn't it..

Your card is so pretty.. I love that green polka- dot DP.. and your yummy seam binding..

Hugs, Linda

Lisa Somerville said...

So pretty, love your combination of pattern papers!

Stella said...

It's good to read you had a wonderful time. We had lovely weather too; it's lovely to be outside and enjoy the sun :)
Oops a bit off track :).
This is such a lovely way to use your scraps.
After you told me that you always start diggin' in your scraps basket I started doing the same....thank you so much for the advice.

And before I forget to tell you; these scraps are a match made in heaven. Love that button boutique set from PTI!

Hugs,
Stella

dstandard said...

This is gorgeous! Glad you had fun! It's been fabulous weather down here recently. You colors are awesome and the ribbon is beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF! Your card is just gorgeous...it's all your fault that I finally broke down and ordered this awesome PTI Set..!!! I really didn't want to buy anymore stamps at all...LOL...thankks for enabling me! The DP is fabbo and the buttons rock too!!
We had the most beautiful day today...awww I love Spring :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynnda said...

So pretty... those are actually my fave colors... Hugs...xoxo

Lindsay said...

I love this Heather! It's so perfect with the different patterned papers and those yummy buttons! Great card!

Betty Wright said...

Heather, this is so gorgeous! Beautiful style, pattern, and design! I am thinking I need this button set really bad! Beautiful!

Daniela Dobson said...

So pretty!!! I finally got that stamp set and I need to use it!! I keep all my scraps too, and love to use them on my cards. That October Afternoon paper is my favorite. I think I have a tiny bit left :) Have a great day!

Deborah Frings said...

Sounds like a super weekend! I love this card - the clean, simple design and the variety of buttons - just lovely!!

Laura Pryor said...

This is so beautiful and so perfect in every way! What an amazing interpretation of the inspiration photos/colors. WOW!!! This is stunning!

Andrea M said...

Heather, this card is so beautiful!!! I just LOVE the green buttons! They're such a fabulous shade of green. Lovely two-toned bow! Just a fabulous creation all around!

joy said...

I am absolutely crazy about your card! I like how you have used the colors and I love your bow, paired with the vintage button card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs