Saturday, February 2, 2013

You're My Cup of Tea

Hi there!  I hope you are having a great weekend so far, we seem to keep getting more snow.  I am over it and ready for spring.  How about you?  After my morning workout, my friend and I went downtown to a store that sells loose tea.  I normally get mine at Teavana but find their prices to be on the high side for what you get.  This locally owned tea store, Gong Fu has just as many options and you get twice as much for your money.  Score!   That inspired me to pull out my cute new a la modes, You're My Cup of Tea.  Isn't she adorable?  I am entering her into the MFT guest designer contest.



Since I did not have room on the front I added the sweet sentiment to the inside of my card.  I like being able to dress up the inside a little with some dies and patterned paper, it gives it that little something extra special.




You can find the sketch along with more details on the MFT blog.

SUPPLIES USED:



Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

21 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

This is just the PRETTIEST card - inside and out! LOVE your colors and the scallops!

Leslie Miller said...

I just love the sentiment to go with the darling image! You always choose the prettiest papers, too!

Lynnda said...

What a beautiful card Heather!!! hugs...xoxo

Sasha said...

Your card is gorgeous, Heather.....both outside and in. Such lovely words, too x

Gerdine said...

Lovely card! Enjoy your cup of tea!

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! she's so pretty. love her pieced up cup and the scallops and THAT flower. your details are beautiful....always. great inside, too. good luck!

Queen Mary said...

Heather, she's beautiful! I love her! I hope you win! I'm going to CASE her! Teavanna still has good prices for us -- we live in the DC area, DH orders it online though. I wish we had a Gong Fu in the area -- we do have local stores but Teavanna is actually cheaper for us!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,love the sentiment...

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card! Love all the MFT goodness here Heather! The flower is oh so pretty!

PapierGirl said...

Absolutely darling Heather! The colors you used are perfect and what a special touch on the inside. I would love to receive a card like this!!

Although, our winter has been mild in comparison, e have had two days of light snow - the most we have had all Winter, but I am ready for Spring too! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this is a breath of fresh air Heather! Love those pretty spring colors. I agree...I'm READY for spring!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very fresh and sweet Heather! Great details and I adore your stitching asyou know.

Dawn Easton said...

Heather, this is fantastic! I love the pretty papers and your paper piecing is wonderful too! Love that you decorated the inside too! I haven't done it that much since leaving the MFT DT....lol. Must start doing it again. Really finishes a card off!

Geri said...

So sweet, Heather! I tried to get this one, and the computer let me, but it was really 'out'.:( It looks so lovely here...Love your patterns and colors with it!

Thistledew Farm said...

So adorable!

Unknown said...

Just darling, Heather! Love the mix of PP and it's wonderful... inside & out!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty Heather!

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Pretty Miss Heather!! She's just darling! Love your Super paper piecing and Lovely dp's too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

What an adorable card. That image has me smiling.

Hugs~

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet card! You did a fantastic job!

Stella said...

Yes I do love the image but also the fab combo of colors and choice of papers!
Hugs!
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs