Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Happy New Year!  WOW, I can't believe it is 2014 already.  I have a CAS card to share with you.  Do you remember me telling you I made a few cards to go in a box for my MIL's Christmas present?  This was one of them.  I love this PTI stamp set.  As a matter of fact, my first published card in CARDS magazine was with this set.  The set is called Botanical Silhouettes, it was an anniversary stamp set back in 2010.  The sad thing about it is, it is no longer available.  That won't stop me from using it though.

You know I don't use bold colors often, but my MIL isn't much of a pastel kind of person so I really had her in mind when making this.  I wanted to keep it simple and have the stamped image take center stage and not patterned paper.



I am keeping this post short and sweet.  Here's to you all a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

8 comments:

Gerdine said...

Happy New year too!
Beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Love your use of the bold colors, Heather! I love them all, bold or soft, when they're done so well like this one. My favorite color with kraft is red, and the poppies look fabulous on the kraft. So much pretty with a solid image stamp -- got to love that. This card looks like a beautiful celebration!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Heather! Love the sweet little flowers! Surely your MIL will treasure this! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Heather! I love the colours you used! Happy New Year!

Barbara said...

Love, love, love this card. Wonderful color palette and design.

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! Love the pretty red flowers against the kraft background! Happy New Year!

Davi said...

This is beautiful, I love the black and red with the kraft! The stripped topper is lovely! She will love it!

Lisa H. said...

that is a beautiful set. love the layout. I really like where you stamped the sentiment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs