Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snowed In

Hello my wonderful blog friends.  I am snowed in today.  We got 15.6 inches of snow with some 5 foot drifts.  My car was completely covered plus about 3 more feet on top.  It took my poor husband two trips outside to get everything shoveled and my car dug out.  I just got a call that school is canceled tomorrow too.  I guess I will be making more cards tomorrow too.  DARN! :O)
I made a card this morning for The Color Throwdown and CPS sketch. 

I am just in love with the all the vintage goodies from K and Company this Christmas.  The little pin in the ribbon is handmade.  It is a headpin from my jewelry making box with a couple of pearl beads.  I finally got a flower frog to hold my cards while I take pictures.  My boss at work sells antiques, so I purchased it from her.  If you are ever in Des Moines, Iowa, she has a booth at The Brass Armadillo.
Cardstock: Wausau
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey~Eskimo Kisses
Ribbon: Target
Lace: Hobby Lobby
Doily: Hobby Lobby
Chipboard piece: K and Company

Thanks for stopping by.  Are any of you snowed in? 
Heather

14 comments:

Carol L said...

Your poinsettia is so dramatic and stunning! I love the doily and pearl stick pin accents! It's got a vintage feel to it and it's just beautiful!
I can't imagine all that snow! Whew! We got tons of rain last night but the little bit of snow we got in PA melted already!

Chelsea said...

Wow! LOOK at that perfect flower! Lovely card, and love the added lace too. Your blog is beautiful :)Chel

Nancy said...

I love that doily! The flowers are amazing. It just pops, but the doily, I think makes it! :)

Thanks for your sweet comment. I truly appreciate it. And, yes, I did stamp the background with a damask-like stamp from the set I used. I used it on another card and I haven't stopped since! Making your own patterned paper is addicting! haha.

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you visit me again. Have a great day!! :)

farmhouse-story said...

15", wow! enjoy your cardmaking tomorrow-your card is lovely!

Mona Pendleton said...

Heather, this is such a pretty card! The lace doily, pearls & crocheted trim all looks so nice together! :) TFS

Craftbelle said...

Wonderful attention to detail. Lovely card.

dj said...

wowsers!! this is quite stunning!! So very elegant!!

Courtney Baker said...

Hey girl this is so pretty. You'll have to check out my blog today... I think you won something :).

Broni said...

I'm jealous about having the time to craft, but not about being snowed in!! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown again!!

dpkennedy said...

Love that vintage look! Very pretty! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Gorgeous work!
btw... 15+ inches??? Holy Moly.. thats nuts!

Sylvia said...

Your card is beautiful. No Not snowed in now. I moved from Colorado in June to a hot place in Texas. It has been cool weather but I miss the snow!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty Heather!! I love the soft and vintage feel of it....it is just gorgeous!

Hope you aren't snowed in any longer....although, I think I would love that! I am up in Missoula, MT and we just got our first big snow last night! But, not enough to snow us in!

Thanks for playing at CPS!

♥Lea

Laura.K said...

Lovely card. I like your big red flower.

15"????????? I love to have at least 5. But I must be very,very lucky for that. So, I'll go in Swiss, There the chances are higher. And the snow too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs