Saturday, December 31, 2011

CR84FN 45

Hello!  It feels like forever since I posted last.  I am recovering from the hectic holiday season.  Did you have a wonderful holiday?  We had unseasonably warm weather which made it hard for me to be in the Christmas spirit.  I think we will pay for it soon.  The winds are howling right now as some "wintry mix" rolls in.  That cracks me up when I hear the weather person say that.  That means it will be a mix of rain, snow, and ice.  I wonder what it will look like when I wake up.


Well, the CR84FN DT have resumed their biweekly color challenge.  This week we have blue, orange, and yellow.  Can you see I used my new My Favorite Things stamp set?  I ordered that for myself for Christmas.  I could hardly wait to open it and play.  I used my new Janome Sew Mini to stitch on my card.  I thought I had the tension worked out before I stitched on my card, unfortunately it didn't turn out so great.  I am a little disappointed.  I do love how small and portable it is.  It can just sit right on my craft desk.  I will just have to play with it a little more.  I absolutely LOVE the new Fringed Perennial die.  I used the smaller of the 2 petals and centers.



I used the new sketch at MFTWSC to get me started creating again.  They have some of the best sketches.   

Make sure you stop by and see what the rest of the design team has created for you.

Suzanne
Deborah
Stephanie
Sue
Andrea
Lisa


Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

26 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

So much lovely detail in your card. I like the mix of papers, the sweet teapot, the stitching and glossy bow! Just fab! Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

Love all the colors and patterns. I hope you stay warm! It's just like spring down here. Wore shorts out yesterday.

Ros said...

Happy New Year Heather ... such a fantastic card ... so much detail ... love it!

Jen Adcock said...

Ooh...an Wintery Mix, huh? Sounds rather, um, er...intersting.

Just survived the holidays barely myself. But am excited by your card. Love the fun colors of this challenge and your interpretation of it. That tea pot is so darling. So much wonderfulness by way of details here. Very inspiring indeed.

~amy~ said...

LOVE your card Heather...happy new year!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Heather! Great mix of patterned papers and MFT goodies! Love that tea pot and fancy flower! Happy New Year!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling card! Happy New Year, Heather! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Heather
Wishing you all the Health and Happiness for 2012, I have so missed popping by to see you beautiful creation just like this one a stunning make chum really, it's good to be back with all my blogging friends.
It's been quite some time since my last visit in which I apologize for, this was due to giving up my part time work to looking after my Mum as she was quite poorly with her spine and also taking care of my wee grandson who is Autistic so these last few months have been full on, but glad to say my Mum is doing a lot better now..
I do hope you are well and take care with the weather ahead stay safe and warm.
Lots Hugs
Sarah x

Lisa Elton said...

SO PRETTY Heather! I knew I should have ordered the MFT little flourish die when I bought a few things! Oh well next time...and maybe that sweet tea pot too lol! We have a mix here in Ohio too and down to the 20's tomorrow brrr!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Heather! Love the mix of patterns and the darling pot of tea! Happy New Year!

Suzanne C said...

What a wonderful warm and cheery card. Lovely use of the sketch. Happy blessed New Year to you and your family!

Robin Thomas said...

Heather, hope the holidays went well for you.

Here's to a new year and many good things.

Bi hugs sweet girl!

cnelson said...

So VERY LOVELY! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors!

Irina Pervukhina said...

Stunning beauty! Incredibly soft! Happy new year!

cherry said...

Happy new year heather. I like the stitching looks shabbby to me. I know how u feel though when the tension is like that...my sewing machine drives me crazy. How much was the llittle one if u dont mind me asking? cherry

Sue Lelli said...

What a FAB Christmas present you bought for yourself! It just screams Heather! LOVE the flower and LOVE LOVE LOVE the twine and the tag on the teabag sticking out! LOVE your card! Happy New Year, Heather!

Jean Martin said...

Oooh this is sooo nice! I want to play! :)

Lindsay said...

This is so fun Heather! I love the Layout!

Shannon White said...

Oh, I Love this Miss Heather! Such a Darling MFT set! I've been eyeing that one myself.. lol What a Wonderful Christmas Present to you! 8-) Love your choice of Fab dp's and all the Sweet MFT elements too! Just Wonderful Lady!

Happy 2012!

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

What a pretty card.. So many fun elements. So glad to hear you had a good Christmas.

Hugs, Linda

Erika Clark said...

What a beautiful card for a dreary wintry-mix day! It has snowed 3" so far here in the Appalachian Mtns this morning. Love your pretty flower & teapot, and the colors make it so cheery!

Tammy said...

Stunning card Heather! Love the mixture of textures and patterns. My favourite detail is the twine teabag string!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful use of the colors and loving' that teapot!!! Fringed flower is fabulous!!

Dana Gustafson said...

So sweet Heather! I love all of the amazing details to this card. Happy new year!

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty! Beautifully embellished!

Cyndie said...

Wow, what a wonderful combination of patterns and shapes! It's a truly fabulous card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs