Thursday, November 4, 2010

CR84Fun/2sketches4You

Hello again!  I am so sorry I was gone for so long.  I feel like it has been forever since I posted.  I know it has only been days but that feels like a long time. 
I made a card for my sweet blog friend Mona's new color challenge CR84FN.  She has the most beautiful color palette this week.  I fell back on my shabby ways and used a vintage image I have been wanting to use.
I also used the sketch at 2Sketches4You to get me started.  A great sketch always helps get me going in the right direction.
I have a before picture of this vintage image so you can see how I altered it.  I printed it out on some white cardstock and then colored the spool of thread with my Copics since it was very pale in color.  Then I used my absolute favorite color ink for altering which is the Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen.  Now I have turned a very washed out image into something that matches my color scheme.  You could color the spool of thread any color you like.

Look at this beautiful inspiration photo.  I know it looks a little more clean with the crisp colors, but I was itching to make a shabby inked up vintage image card.  :)

Supplies: Cardstock: PTI/Kraft, DP: My Minds Eye, October Afternoon, Stamps:WaltzingMouse, Twill: Melissa Phillips Etsy, Lace: Wrights, Brads: Making Memories,Ink: Memento London Fog, Copics: as shown in Picture

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

35 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

great coloring, heather! you made that sketch beautiful:)

Lindsay said...

Oh do I love this Heather! First of all awesome job with the color combo and second, way to rock that sketch! LOVE it!

Sandy said...

I like the colors. And I like how you colored the image...it really brought it to life!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Heather! Absolutely love that vintage image and how you colored/distressed it!

~* steph :) *~ said...

absolutely beautiful, heather!! i looove those colors. love how you colored up the vintage image! yummy nummy lace, bow and button! thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful creation by Heather!
the colours go with your blog banner too....and that's never a bad thing! hehehe.....

it's fun using copic markers, eh? I have to get me some soon!

ciao bella

creative carmelina

Unknown said...

so pretty I love the distressed inks

Jean Martin said...

This is so beautiful Heather! I love the colors you used!!! I wish I had some Copics too!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Heather. I love the image, the ribbon, lace and beautiful button.
Hugs and smiles

Jodi Collins said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Heather! LOVE that vintage image and your embellishments, as always, are just PERFECT! LOVE this!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Heather! Love how you added beautiful color & distressed the digi image! Great take on this week's CR84FN color combo! Thank you so much for playing along :)

dstandard said...

Beautiful card Heather - love the sentiment stamp!

Lynnda said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I love this card... that blue is my fave blue!!! I love this card so much....you did well with copics... good one Heather.... I hate to miss here!!!!..xx

Leslie Miller said...

LOVE your style, Heather, whether shabby or clean. You do it ALL so beautifully! These colors are simply divine!

Leah said...

So cool and pretty. Love how you altered the image, looks perfect on your lovely card!

Home and Heart said...

LOVE everything about this card!! Beautiful Heather, the colors, EVERYTHING!!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love this card!! The colors, the vintage image,the ribbon and lace....totally awesome!!!

Stella said...

Oh my Heather; this has not just coloring. This is art. I love every piece of this card and I can't stop looking at it. WOW!!!
FABULOUS take on the challenge and a stunning vintage card!
Hugs,
Stella

Monique said...

Heather this is stunning...I {heart} your image, the lace, & vintage feel. Great job on this color combo!!

cnelson said...

This is sooooo GORGEOUS!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! I LOVE how you alted the image and the lace is DIVINE! And that background DP is FAB! LOVE it!

Ros said...

Ahhh! this card makes me sigh ... so pretty Heather ... beautifully done

Rizzi said...

WHAT A NICE CARD HEATHER, I JUST LOVE IT. YOUR STITCHING LOOKS GOOD. ALL YOUR EMBELLISHMENTS ARE GREAT, AND YOUR COLORS ARE SO PRETTY. RIZZI

liszha said...

Oh, oh, how I love your style!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

OMG this is GORGEOUS!! Really LOVE the color!! Hope you have a great weekend, Heather! :)

ChristineCreations said...

OH WOW! What gorgeous vintage work Heather! Beautifully done!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous Heather! You do shabby so well! Love the stitching and lace! Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the color combo and that image is so cute. Another beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Heather it is always such a pleasure to stop by here - your card is simply gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week
:) Kazan

Kathy Martin said...

I think you won it girl! ;) I love this card! The lace is so pretty and that vintage image...fabulous! :)

Vicky said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Congrats on making the top 5 at 2sketches4you. :)xx

Laurie said...

An amazing card for sure! CONGRATS on top 5!!

Cindy Lee said...

How pretty! You know I love it right?

ellepaulette said...

This is soooo perfect! Love, love, love these colors and what a great shabby look!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the beautiful colors and vintage design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs