Sunday, November 28, 2010

I will be back!

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to let you know that I didn't get lost or forget about all of my wonderful blog friends.  We moved the day after Thanksgiving and it was very stressful.  I thought it would go smoothly, but I was definitely wrong.  The hot water heater was turned all the way down and we couldn't figure out how to get it turned up.  So after sweating all day we got cold showers.  I was not very happy.  Luckily my dad came over the next morning and found the tiny screw hidden under a cover that is screwed on and under lots of insulation.  We are use to gas hot water heaters in Iowa.  I am not sure if this is how all electric ones work.  It was a brand new hot water heater so I knew it wasn't broken.
 I spent my whole day today washing all the  kitchen stuff.  Everything was stored for 8 months.  I found lots of spiders too.  My son found a Black Widow in the garage.  My hubby and I were pretty impressed he identified it so fast.  Then my husband emptied a whole can of spider spray on it.  I am not kidding either!  hehe
I will be back in a couple days worth some projects to share with you.  I miss you all and will be stopping by as soon as I can get caught up.

Big Hugs,
Heather

11 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

oooh! I just HATE moving! And your cold showers gave me the chills! Hooray for Dad! Now that you're in the south, you'll se lots of spiders. I was taught to never stomp on them cause sometimes they're pregnant and hundreds of spiders run everywhere - can you imagine the horror??!! Spray them with hairspray - it gums them up and works every time!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

I hope you get things all organized sooner than later Heather! Thanks so much for the update :)

Stella said...

Thanks for the update and take care.....till soon :)
Hugs,
Stella

~amy~ said...

ugh...sorry about the bumpy move...hang in there!!!

farmhouse-story said...

moving is never dull, huh? glad you got there in one piece:) hope the cat had a better move this time!

Lindsay said...

I will be thinking about you! So glad you are settling in. "See" you soon!

cnelson said...

good luck with all the unpacking and all! I can't imagine moving during the holidays! BIG HUGS!

Unknown said...

Moving home is always so stressful no matter how organised you are, good luck with the unpacking Heather and see you when your ready Hugs
Sarah x

Betty Wright said...

Heather, I can sympathize! We moved 5 times in 7 years! I feel your pain. The hot part definitely did not sound fun, but when you said spiders I totally freaked....lol! Ir is fun to see your stuff again after 8 months I am sure. Almost makes it feel like it is new again! Take care and try not to work to hard getting it just so too soon!

Rizzi said...

MOVING IS A LOT OF WORK. BUT WHEN YOU ARE SETTLED, YOU WILL LOVE YOUR NEW HOME. GOOD LUCK, TAKE CARE, AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA. RIZZI

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh YUCK! ... cold showers, washing everything and spiders...and a million other reasons why I HATE moving! You poor thing! Hopefully you'll settle in quickly and it'll be a wonderful home where you make many joyous memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs