Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday

I am so happy to be able to share a card today.  I have been so busy the last couple weeks.  I will have a couple surprises to share in the coming weeks.  I can't wait to share with you all. 
I made a card last night while I was trying to cook dinner.  So by the time I finished it was dark.   I had to wait until this morning to photograph it and post my card.  I used the sketch at Get Sketchy to get me started.  It worked perfectly for what I had in mind.  I made that flower from a couple of flat mulberry paper flowers.  I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist and I twisted the center flower and cut off the end...put it inside the other flower and there you have a pretty 3D flower.  I need to try and make some from cardstock.  I think they might be a little stiffer.
 You like my glitter butterfly?  I love how it turned out.  I stamped my PTI butterfly in brown, then I  colored it with my Copics and covered in in my Martha Stewart glitter glue and used my Martha Stewart glitter in Crystal Fine.
 A couple weeks ago I won a cute stamp set and die from Lil Inker Designs.  Love the cute sentiments and adorable little flag die that matches.  No more trying to hand cut my flag/banners.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I am off to make another card.
Heather


29 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card, gorgeous flower!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful, Heather! Love the lace and glittery butterfly!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh thank you so much for sharing this with me!!! I love this beautiful card! It's gorgeous and your Sentiment Flag works so perfectly here! Gorgeous butterfly and flower. I'm totally sharing this on Facebook!
Thanks!!!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Anonymous said...

So very lovely. Gorgeous card. Love the bloom.

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Heather!! I LOVE your style and your always perfect embellishments!! Isn't that sentiment flag awesome???

~* steph :) *~ said...

sooo beautiful, heather! i looove the colors and papers, and embellies are just amazing!!! your handmade flower is super pretty. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful sunday!
*hugs* steph :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Heather! I love the shimmery butterfly, flower and that flag/banner is fabulous! What an awesome win! Congrats! You surely worked wonders with it :)

Ros said...

So pretty and I love the glittery butterfly ... beautiful soft DP

Lindsay said...

This is so pretty Heather and I adore all of the little details you've put on it. So so sweet!

Sandy said...

Wow, I love it. The flower turned out so pretty. And I love what you did with the butterfly. It's a breath of fresh air to see a springy soft card during the holiday season.

Dana Gustafson said...

LOVE love love it! Gosh Heather, your cards are so pretty. THey always take my breath away. Great flower technique and your sparkley butterfly is amazing!

Jean Martin said...

Wow this is so beautiful Heather! Wonderful flower! :)

Unknown said...

It may be simply handmade but it is simply gorgeous...Did you use a die to cut the doily type background, I have seen them used a lot but can't seem to find the die...thanks

Home and Heart said...

As pretty as always!

Agata said...

THat's a perfect one! All is gorgeous on it! Happy to see you happy about what you do! :)

Patchi said...

Beautiful card! I love the flower!

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card! I love how it feels so vintage! And I love how you created the flower and the glittery butterfly!

Stella said...

This card...where shall I start? :)
I love the glittered butterfly!! To be honest; I love every piece and bit of this card. I'm looking for a banner die and this one is gorgeous....Thanks for sharing the tip about the 3-D flower; it's beautiful.
Hugs,
Stella

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful card...so much detail...
AND
stopping here made me realize i've been making so many CHRISTmas cards i'm all out of birthday cards...gotta make a quick one for a coworker who wanted one for a friend of hers...thanx for the jolt in my memory...might use this sketch :D\

~victoria~

~amy~ said...

Wowza!!! Sooo pretty!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

heather, this is very pretty and lovely!! absolutely love everything about it esp the flower!! :)

Dawn B. said...

This is very pretty Heather. I love the pinks and soft brown.. They go so well together.. You did a terrific job on this.. Hope this week is a bit slower for you..

Lynnda said...

I love it Heather... So beautiful ....really is... love it ... everything on it.. the bloom the colors the butterfly... Perfect!!...xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! Love it!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card Heather, your Flower and butterfly are stunning!!! I love it, I also have some followers and celebration Candy on my blog so pop over chum, and be in with a chance in draw!!
Hugs
Sarah x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful take on the sketch. Lovely embellishments and beautiful vintage card.

Kathy Martin said...

Heather, Heather, Heather....such inspiring work! :)

dstandard said...

Another beautiful card Heather!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Congrats on your big win for Get Sketchy!! Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs