Wednesday, January 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop

Hello and Happy Hump Day!  I have been very busy today.  I went to the Orthopedist for a recheck on my Tennis Elbow and also had to take my son Collin to the dentist to have 2 teeth pulled.  That was the last of his baby teeth.  They just didn't want to let go.  Next step is braces.  I made 2 cards today, only one which I can share with you now.  I decided to play along with this month's PTI Blog Hop.  I was just looking through my cards the other day wondering if there were things I would change now.  I am my own worst critic.

New Card

The Challenge(Taken from the PTI Blog)
This month, in honor of the New Year, we are challenging you to pick your favorite project from 2011 and share it with all of us. To take it a step further, you are challenged to create a second card that is inspired by the favorite project you select. Your new version of an old favorite could carry over the color scheme, the layout or the stamp sets. We look forward to seeing your best creations from 2011, as well as your first projects from 2012!




This was my original card posted HERE.  I loved the softness and femininity of this card.  I had put a little white paint on the Stampin' Up metal brad, and stick pin in the bow.

Old Card

***If you want to see any of my PTI cards you can go to the left side of my blog under "Labels" and click "PTI".  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Rustic White, Black
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye
Stamps: Sending You
Dies: Coordinating dies for Sending You, Turning A New Leaf, Beautiful BloomsII
Ink: Memento/Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz/Peeled Paint
Ribbon: Offray
Metal Brad: Stampin' Up

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

33 comments:

Lisa said...

SOOOO very gorgeous!!!
Love the sewing.
Love the colour combos.
Love the layered flowers.
LOVE the decorative accents with the metal brads and the hat pin.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Karen said...

both so fabulous amazing designs beautiful colors!

Lynnda said...

Im swoon!!!..BEautiful!!!...hugs...xoxo

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your cards are dreamy gorgeous! Love your palettes.

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love your combinations of patterned papers! The colors are just dreamy together on both cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh Heather it's too difficult to pick a fav, they're both SO pretty! But that lush green bow on the new one is just yummy!

When my sweet boy got braces YEARS ago he was starting jr.high. Braces & jr.high ~ no fun. To top it off he had 2 broken wrists from a swingset fall Yikes...poor baby. Those first few weeks were rough!

Kristii said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! I love them both!!! The combination of papers and flowers and ribbons are perfect!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! Both cards are fabulous! I love the layers and the colors.

Unknown said...

I think your card is amazing. I love the way you combined your patterns and I love your flowers. LOVE them!

I'm an hour west of Madison! Wish I would have known you!

~amy~ said...

Sooo pretty heather....both of them!

Unknown said...

Nice layout an yummy bow!!

Tracey said...

LOVE both cards!!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

I love the colors in your new card, they are a bit more bold and that works very well on this card, I think!! They look great!!
Hugs, Wendy

Diane said...

Both are beautiful...couldn't pick a favorite if I had to...!!

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous, heather, just gorgeous! both cards are so lovely! hope the arm is improving:)

Holly Saveur said...

Love the lay out!
Both cards are gorgeous but my fav one is the soft one your first take..I love soft pretty colors..can't help it!

Kara said...

both are stunning heather!! love the seding you die cut upside down like that and what youve done wit the flowers on the pink card is gorgeous!!

cnelson said...

So incredibly GORGEOUS! !!

Beate said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love the soft one though a bit better. I am a sucker for soft colors right now.

Hugs and smiles
Beate

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning cards!
Love the different pattern paper to make the flower on the first card.
Background papers chosen are awesome.
Nicely done.

Joanne said...

Beautiful work

Stella said...

Don;t be too hard on yourself; both cards are stunning. In fact....breathtaking. Time to join the PTI design team hun :)
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Hi Heather
This card is simply beautiful, I remember the original design which is just as breathtaking!!
I hope both you and your wee son are doing ok bless him after his trip to dentist..
Hugs Sarah x

Rizzi said...

BOTH CARDS ARE LOVELY......YOU ARE SO CREATIVE AND TALENTED.....YOUR SEWING IS PERFECT.....VERY NICE HEATHER.....
RIZZI

Jen Adcock said...

Such beautiful cards. The first a knockout and the second an equal stunner. The colors of the second are just so dreamy. The inking/stamping of the inside of the petals is so beautiful. What are the inks used inside the flower? The champagne colored ribbon is also lovely. Just divine.

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are so pretty Heather! Love the beautiful layered blossom and foliage!

The Paper Parade said...

OH MY!!!! These are totally magazine worthy! Absolutely beautiful :)

Betty Wright said...

Heather, love the rich colors and patterns! Beautiful flower and the hardware center accenting is perfect.

Silvia said...

This is just simple stunning!!! What a beautiful card you have created.

Suzanne Russell said...

Oh my goodness, Heather! These are both so beautiful! Glad I don't have to choose a favorite. Each has so much star quality! Have you submitted these for publication? I bet we will see them again!

Lindsay said...

Ohhh girl, both of these are delicious! Totally gorgeous and truthfully, I adooore the soft, sweet colors on that second one!

Naomi said...

Oh, WOW, these are both STUNNING examples, Heather! I hope your check up on the tennis elbow went well...I suffer from tendonitis in both hands and up the arms, including tennis elbow....and pinched nerves, too..NOT fun....

Your poor boy, having to get his teeth pulled...well, at least they're gone now! I hope he's all healed up!

Hugs,
Naomi

Kelly Griglione said...

I actually saw this on Pinterest ... love how you combined the patterns on both of the cards, that's really hard to do well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs