Monday, January 2, 2012

Timeless Tuesday

It's me again!  I hope you are not getting sick of me yet.  I have a card to share with you that I created for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.  This week Mona is our challenge hostess and she is asking us to create a tri fold card.


Now, I am not so good at making these on my own so I had to use Beate's tutorial on SCS.  Thank God for those!  My hairdresser's father just passed away and I will be seeing her on Thursday, so I decided to make this for her.  She is also sick, so I thought this might cheer her up.


This is a beautiful Tiger Lilly image from Flourishes Year in Flowers 2.  The Rose on yesterday's card is from the same set.  I love the size of these for smaller pieces like this.


Again, Flourishes has some of the best sentiments and I decided to use one on the inside of the little flap.  That sentiment is from another set called Orchids.  The paper is from My Minds Eye/ Sunshine.



Here are the links to the rest of the design team for additional inspiration.
Silke
Cindy 
Makiko
Beate
Mona 
Cheryl Lea (January Guest Designer)


Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

25 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card Heather! WOW! Love the rich golden tones and the pretty patterned paper! Surely this will cheer your friend up :)

Lindsay said...

Awesome card Heather! I love the way it folds and those colors are so rich! Great coloring as always!

Karen W said...

Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Heather!

farmhouse-story said...

very sweet design, heather:)

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card! Love the flower and coloring. Great design.

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy New Year Heather! Your fold card is gorgeous! Love it! Hugs ~S~

Beate said...

Your Joy Fold card is beautiful! I love the papers you chose. One of my favorite packs right now. Your coloring looks great!
Hugs and smiles

cnelson said...

STUNNING! !! WOW! !!

Marlies said...

A beautiful, elegant card Heather! I love the model and your colouring of the flower image is realy fantastic!! A happy new Year to you and your family. hugs, Marlies

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Heather this is a beauty a really lovely Joy card I do like this style of card too..
Hugs Sarah x

Buffy said...

Gorgeous!! Great fold technique. Simply wonderful
Buffy x

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness girly.. You have outdone yourself.. This is amazing.. I love the folds and all the layering and stitching It all goes perfectly together..

Hugs, Linda

Allie Gower said...

Gorgeous card. I love how you brought all the wonderful patterns and colors together. The image - your coloring, fabulous.

Becky said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and coloring.

Yogi said...

pretty. nice lilies

papertrails leaver said...

Heather this is absolutely gorgeous! I am sorry to read about your friend's father. I think she will be so grateful that you made this beautiful card for her. Happy New Year to you! :-) Amy

Marie said...

Beautiful card, Heather. Love the color combination and the unique fold. The Tiger Lilies look just like the ones in my yard.

Naomi said...

Simply GORGEOUS!! Such an AWESOME fold and I ADORE those yellow lillies!

Hugs,
Naomi

Cheryl said...

Heather, this card is absolutely gorgeous! The dp is perfect with the tiger lily image and your coloring is so beautifully rich. I'm glad you used that tutorial because I haven't seen it before. I'm going to give it a try. (No one could get tired of you, dear!) Have a great weekend! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Greta said...

Wow--another breathtaking beauty! So many wonderful details!

Shannon White said...

Goodness is this Ever Beautiful Miss Heather! Love your Wonderful Tri-fold card! So creative! Thanks for the link to the tutorial! 8-) And your coloring an dp's are so Gorgeous too! Love the whole thing! 8-)

Happy Weekend to you!
Hugs
Shannon

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Heather!!~

Unknown said...

Beautiful tri fold card, Heather!! Your coloring is stunning and I love the folding you did! Beautiful inside and out!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is really gorgeous, Heather! LOVE the color combo, and beautiful coloring! (And sorry I'm SO far behind in commenting!) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs