Sunday, March 4, 2012

BBB20 The Beauty of Spring or Autumn

Hello again.  Wow, time just seems to be flying by these days.  I have been working 5 days a week and crafting like a mad woman every chance I get.  It is that time of the month again....time for Bring Back Beautiful.  This month the theme is Spring or Autumn.  You can find all the details HERE on the Flourishes blog.


I colored this beautiful new set called He Is Risen.  I was inspired by Beate's beautifully colored cross HERE.  I tried my hardest to make it look like wood.  I have to say, everything I know about coloring with Copics is because of her.  I made the Lilies look more like Asiatic Lilies than an Easter Lily.  My friend grows a bunch of these in her back yard and I thought she would love the extra touch.



I stamped the the inside of the card.  My friend and neighbor asked me to make her 6 Easter cards, so you might get sick of seeing them here soon.  



Link up your Bringing Back Beautiful Challenge creations HERE to enter. If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword BBB20 You have until March 31st to enter! As we unveil our challenge for next month, we’ll share our True Beauties – those card makers who wowed us with this challenge! Winners will be featured on the Flourishes Blog and will receive a True Beauty blog button to display proudly on their blog!

Make sure you stop by the rest of the design team's blog to see what they have created for you.
Kathy
Yvonne
Betty

24 comments:

Sudha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy said...

That is so beautiful!

Jen Adcock said...

I love all the beautifully intricate details you amaze us with in each and every card you make. This lovely is no exception. That cross is amazingly wood-like and the lilies are colored beyond perfection. What a masterclass!

Pam said...

This is gorgeos!

Beate said...

Beautiful coloring, Heather. Your cross and flower look gorgeous! Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow Heather, you certainly know how to rock Copics, my friend... I must remember this technique for colouring wood :) Gorgeous card, big hugs!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so gorgeous Heather!!!!Hope you are doing well!!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your colouring. You have really captured the lilies. I grow those lilies in my garden too and I could just sit and stare at them all day when they are blooming.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card and so representative of spring! Love your coloring!

Yvonne Hagane said...

This is absolutely stunning Heather. Love the way you have colored that beautiful image. The wooden cross looks so real!

cnelson said...

What a PERFECT Easter card! GORGEOUS!

farmhouse-story said...

your coloring is awesome on this card, heather! just beautiful:) have a great week!

Gerry said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! You're coloring is awesome.

Lisa Elton said...

Your lilies are colored beautifully Heather! What a lovely, peaceful card.

Ros said...

Fabulous!!! Love this card ... And I happy to know you are safe following the tornados hitting the States

Kathy Jones said...

Heather your card is simply stunning!!! Your colouring is divine and love the soft palette you've framed it with!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wowzers Heather! This card is GORGEOUS! You did a fab job coloring that lovely image! What a beauty!

ChristineCreations said...

Completely beautiful Heather! Love the pink lilies. And such a nice card for the Easter order :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Heather! Your coloring is fabulous and I love that you made it into an Asiatic Lily (one of my faves)!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Easter card.. Your coloring is wonderful.. And what a great design this card is.. Sounds like you are pretty busy my friend. Take card..

Hugs, Linda

Colleen Dietrich said...

Uh, like, WOW! The coloring of this image and the shading around it is just stunning!

Stella said...

I never get sick, tired or bored by your cards:) I love them and never ever get enough of looking at them. You are a master in coloring. Don't tell me that you are not because you really are fabulous when it comes to coloring. I'm impressed. Your cards have an unique style. And always with a touch of elegance and gorgeoous details!
Hugs!

codice sconto said...

I am feel so happy after watching this card. I like this paper as well as colour on this card. Its too good work.

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Heather! This is just Gorgeous Gorgeous! Your coloring on the Beautiful image is just Awesome my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs