Tuesday, March 20, 2012

With Sympathy

I am sharing a card with you that I made for one of my husband's coworkers.  His son just passed away Friday from Cancer on his spine and brain.  It is always so much harder when we lose a precious child in this world who has not even had a chance to live.  He was only 7 years old.


I did keep it pretty simple so it fit into an envelope and was easy to mail from work.  I popped the center Petite Oval die up with pop dots off the Labels 18 Spellbinder's die.  I love the new Sympathy set from Flourishes called Calla Lilies.  The sentiments are amazing and PERFECT!


The sentiment I stamped inside is the one on the bottom right...Wishing you hope...


I used a sketch from  Pals Paper Arts it is a great sketch for what I needed.

BTW...I have been working soo much lately and have not had much time to visit my wonderful blog friends.  I do apologize.  I am off for a week to spend some time with my son during his Spring Break and to do a lot of catching up.  I will be around soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

18 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, that is so sad... those poor parents. I am sure your card is going to mean so much! You coloured the lilies so beautifully... they will for certain appreciate the thought!

Lynnda said...

Oh my thats really sad... I feel for them...

Your card is truly beautiful... Heather... hugs..xoxo

Shannon White said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this Miss Heather, my heart goes out to them.. So sad..
Your card is Very Lovely & I know they will appreciate your kind thought, my friend..

Sending hugs & Prayers

Shannon

Ros said...

What a terrible thing to happen ... Never easy to make a card for these circumstances ... That said your card is beautiful ... something about it says it was made with love and came from your heart ...

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Heather. I'm so sorry to here this, very sad, especially someone so young.

Anonymous said...

lovely card sweetie
but so sad the reason
for making it...
enjoy time with your
precious son...
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Cheryl said...

Heather your card is beautiful. I'm sure it will offer those poor parents some comfort. I can't imagine their pain. Hope you enjoy the week off.

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty.. So sorry to hear why you had to make it. That would be so difficult.

Hugs, Linda

Leah said...

So pretty Heather, a lovely sympathy card. That is just heartbreaking...will be praying for the family.

Lisa Elton said...

Thoughts and prayers for this dear family Heather. Your card for them is soft and peaceful.

Stella said...

So sad...I am so sorry for their tragic loss. Life is not fair.... I know for sure your card will comfort them.
Hugs

Gerry said...

What a beautiful sympathy card Heather. You can see it was made with a lot love. No parent should ever have to suffer the loss of a child. My heart goes out to them.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Heather! I love the stitching and the pearls. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers...

Shelley said...

That's incredibly sad. A beautiful card for a terrible loss. My heart goes out to them.

Beate said...

That is just so sad. The card you made is beautiful.
Hugs and smiles

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card Heather surely to bring comfort to your husband's coworker. I'm sorry for their loss.

Patti MacLeith said...

Such a sad occasion. Hopefully the beauty of this card brings a warm feeling to the family. Thanks for sharing.

rc jets said...

Card is best way to express our feelings with us. You have done best and simple handmade card with us. Its too good post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs