Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy Birthday 2 You

I am back again today with a card for the MFTWSC sketch.  I am so excited that it is now on the MFT blog instead of SCS.  My son's neighbor friend's birthday was yesterday and we were in need of a card for a boy.  I keep seeing all these cute set with balloons popping up all over, I don't have any of those so I needed to be resourceful.  I pulled out my Decorative Circle Tag Stax and used them as balloons.



I got this pretty glitter paper by DCWV the other day at JoAnn's craft store, I love the sparkle with out all the flakes of glitter coming off when you touch it.  The downfall...it scratches, can't you see where my nails scratched the bottom of the sentiment panel just from handling it?  I didn't notice it until it was all said and done, then it was too late to fix it, I will have to be extra careful next time I use it.



I used the sketch at MFT for my birthday card.

MFTWSC135


SUPPLIES USED:




Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

14 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

CLEVER for the balloons and LOVE the glitter! Your inside is pretty Great, too, Heather!

Lisa Elton said...

Well I'll just say ditto to what Sue said!! She took the words right out of my mouth! Super card Heather ;)

Melody said...

Love your take on the sketch! Very creative and I love those colors.

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card ... shame about the glitter paper but it's always helpful to know these things ... Still it doesn't take anything away from this lovely card!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fantastic masculine birthday card Heather! Love the shimmery accents and fun balloons! Thanks for joining along with MFT!

Tricia T said...

Well, aren't you smart??? What a great idea for the balloons! I'm glad you posted this today. I've been so busy doing all the DTGD challenges that I forgot I hadn't done this one yet! :)

Cheryl said...

What a great card! Love how you improvised for the balloons. I need to start looking at my supplies for other uses, too. And, thanks for mentioning that the MFT challenge is on their blog now! Yay!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Great thinking, Heather! LOVE the colors on this great card.

dstandard said...

Loving your cards! Too cool!

Damohicane said...

Vraiment une bonne carte pour petit garçon! Félicitations! Danielle

Inkyfingers said...

What a great card for a new teenager. Love the great colour combo and great creative use of the tag dies doe balloons.

Unknown said...

Such a fun birthday card, Heather! Love the baloons and the pop of black in the baker's twine!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, well, Heather, we'll just call that distressed. Great boy card! They're so hard, but this one is perfect. Great improv on the balloons. I need some balloon dies. Heck, I just got the stars, finally.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs