Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sweet Peas

Today the Flourishes Design Team has some fun for you with a sweet-smelling summer flower that we all love...Sweet Peas!  These dainty and colorful blooms look so beautiful on this stamp set that you'd be sure you can smell their fragrance as well!


I tried my hand at water coloring with Tim Holtz distress markers for the first time.  I wasn't going for a perfectly colored look, on the contrary, I just kind of slapped some color down and called it good.  I wanted a little more artistic feel.  I realized after the fact that I forgot to pick up some Archival ink when I made a run to the craft store today, otherwise the black stamped image wouldn't have been a little smudgy.  


SUPPLIES USED:



WINNER OF THE CASE Heather Challenge:  Thanks for such great entries everyone!  Random.org picked #1 who is Lee Ann Barrett.  Lee Ann contact me at FlourishesWinner@gmail.com and we'll get your Flourishes goodie bag sent out to you!

I used the square sketch at Mojo Monday for my card design.


Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather




15 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Heather! I do love the loose and easy look of a watercolored image. You did a wonderful job. Looks great with the sketch, too. These sweet peas are so gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

Great job! ... your card is pretty and the sweet peas are lovely!

Lisa H. said...

so pretty!!! I JUST purchased those Tim Holtz markers....waiting patiently for them to arrive. I am so excited to see you used them (I see another challenge for us with them in the future).

Tricia T said...

So pretty! And you got your markers! WooHoo!! I really like the pop of black with the dp. Your image really stands out.

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous! The blue around the flowers really makes them pop!

Maria said...

Very pretty water coloring...so soft and lovely! And, excellent choice of dp for this sweet card to highlight the sweet peas!

Julie Koerber said...

Love the artsy effect Heather -- gives this sweet image a more edgy and earthy feel -- love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Heather! Love the beautifully colored sweet peas! Have a great weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

The sweet peas are darling Heather! This is such a sweet card!

Davi said...

Beautiful Heather! I love the watercolored look for the sweet peas, very creative! Happy weekend ;)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the warm, rich tones and your off center circle Heather! This is beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful coloring, Heather! I love the colors you used, and I actually like the "little smudgy" bits--it looks good with the softness of the watercolor. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Heather!! Great take on the sketch and I love the color of the sweet peas!

TLady said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE WATERCOLORING TOO Heather!!!!! SUPER JOB!!!!!:) Sweet Peas have a SPECIAL PLACE in my heart!!! BRINGING back memories of my FIRST GARDEN as a child! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh very warm and pretty... I like the way you colored these sweet peas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs