Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas

I have another mixed media project to share with you, I made this over a week ago and I am just now able to share it.  This 8x10 canvas was made using an old photo of my maternal grandparents in the mid to late 40's.  I am lucky to have gotten all my mom's old photos before she passed away. There are so many more photos in the box that I want to use on different projects, I can't wait to put them on some fun projects.  


As you can see, I used several of Mona's beautiful new mixed media designs from My Favorite Things.  She has a line of stencils, stamps and matching dies.  Here I used Blooming Roses stamps and dies, Concentric Circles and Graduated Hexagon stencils, all designs by Mona.  Then I used the Hybrid Heirloom Rose in the aqua color and the Leafy Flourish in sheet music print.  All are linked below.  The beautiful pale paint colors are from Martha Stewart.


The burlap leaves were cut using some fabulous new paper from DCWV that I picked up at JoAnns the other day.  It has some backing on it that makes it super easy for die cutting.  Don't you just love the clean edges of the burlap?  The Hexagons were sponged on using Momento Ink, I love the grayish color it gives from being sponged on top of the Glue n Seal.


The photo above shows this pretty resin corner that I painted some gesso on and then rubbed Perfect Pearls in pearl on top of that.  Below you can see that I placed small dots of Liquid Pearls in White Opal on the corners of the photo and the cheese cloth is from Making Memories and I picked that up at my local JoAnns as well.


SUPPLIES USED:




Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

13 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Heather! A perfect way to highlight this sentimental photo!

farmhouse-story said...

love all the different layers, and mona's roses are very sweet, heather!have a great sunday:)

Lisa H. said...

what a beautiful momento you created. wow! love the muted, pretty colors. You did a GREAT job with this and all of Mona's products. looks great.

Davi said...

A beautiful LO Heather! I love the way you used the soft colors to go with your precious photo! The layered flowers and cheesecloth look so very pretty with it :)

Maria said...

Absolutely stunning, Heather! This canvas of your maternal grandparents is a real treasure! Love all the soft colors and texture! You've mastered mixed media technique! Are you aware of A Mixed Media Color Challenge by Mona and Sue? You should enter their challenge!:-)

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous Heather ... you are really good at this ... Love the textures and the colours!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Heather, this is beautiful!! Your delicate design and soft colors are perfect for the fading photograph. Just lovely!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, what a delicate beauty this is! A wonderful way to preserve an old photo. Love the dreamy, soft look. Great job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful project Heather! What a great photo! I love all the stenciling and beautifully stamped roses! The burlap leaves add an awesome touch!

Unknown said...

I Love this. You put this together perfectly. And how cool is that photo.

Happy Monday..

Hugs~

Teresa said...

Heather, your canvas is beautiful. I love all the texture and details. It was good to hear from you and I hope to be back to work sometime this fall. I miss all my regulars at A's.

Shannon White said...

Wow!! this is Soo Soft Dreamy and Gorgeous Miss Heather!! Love every texture and Blossom!! So many Lovely details! And such a Wonderful pic too! Love this Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Stacy Morgan said...

OMG heather... this is a gorgeous page. the photo is awesome and I bet your mom would be proud to see this. Fantastic... hugs...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs