I think I jumped in with both feet when it comes to mixed media. I am loving the more artistic side that it brings out in me. It has taken me a year to be able to share some of my work, I played around many times and didn't like the end result. I am finally feeling more confident in my work which makes me enjoy it even more. Obviously, you can tell I have been inspired by a lot of Tim Holtz's work. I used my distress ink pads and distress markers to achieve these results.
Below is a close up of my ink dyed seam binding. For the blue, I took my Broken China ink pad and smooshed it down on my craft mat, spritzed it with water and soaked up the mixture into the ribbon. For the orangy peach, I took Dried Marigold ink pad and did the same as I did for the blue but it wasn't dark enough so I scribbled some of my Spiced Marmalade distress marker on the craft mat, misted it and soaked the ribbon in the mixture. I love how the edges take a little darker and the unevenness of the color.
Here are the colors:
A lovely teal, a rich rust and a neutral gray. What we love about this challenge is that all of these colors can be found in our Flourishes Color Made Easy Collections. Emerald Coast, Terra Cotta and either Cool Neutrals or Tonal Neutrals, isn't that great?
Now, for some lovely card inspiration with these colors, here's what the Design Team has to show off…
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
- Simply create a card using these colors in the graphic above
- Entries need to be in by Friday August 16th at 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCAUG13
- We'll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday August 17th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!