Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Halloween Tricks

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  I have been seeing so many cute Halloween cards lately.  I have bunches of vintage images saved and was dying to use them.  I get most of my images from Hub Pages.  Pretty much if you search for vintage images you can find them for free.  I also have a couple links on my side bar with vintage images. 
So this is the one I have to share today.
I took these photos in my sons room this morning.  It think this is better light.  A little warmer and not so much grey.  The walls are the same color in the whole house.  Russian White.  Which is an almost cream color.  So I guess it just makes a difference in the amount of sun coming in the room.  In his room in the morning is full sun.  I angled the blinds so I didn't get direct light but plenty of light.  What do you think?  Better?
I thought this little girl looked so cute with this Basic Grey paper that looks like old wall paper.  I am totally addicted to vintage images.  But!  I like my stamps too.  I am completely torn.  What do you like seeing here the most?  Please be honest.
I dug through and pulled out all my Halloween embellishments.  I went through all my Basic Grey pads of paper and pulled out any sheets that I thought could possibly work and pre printed my images at 3.75 inches tall which seems to be the best size that I like to work with.  I pull them up in Microsoft Word.  I put as many images on that page as would possibly fit and printed at one time.  Then cut them up.  I lay the images out on papers that I think goes with the image I want to work with.  Then I just create away.  Wait until I show you the other one I made.  :)  I will share it tomorrow.

Supplies:
Cardstock:PTI/Black
DP: Basic Grey
Image: Card Cow
Lace: Making Memories
Twine: PTI
Seam Binding: Fabric Store
Buttons: from stash
Flower: Prima
Tag: Making Memories

Thanks so much for stopping by
Heather

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Heather... That image is so cute. I always love all the cute images you find.. I really love seeing both types of card.. I just love your style.. It can be stamped or an image. I love both! Hugs, Linda

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

wow this is cute love all your little details!!!!

Carly said...

Wow I love this vintage card and the ribbon and flower detail are perfect!

Laurie said...

LOVE this! That vintage look goes so well with the Halloween! So fun!

~amy~ said...

I love it!!!

farmhouse-story said...

Heather this is darling! I say, mix it all up! I love it all!

Ros said...

Wow! this is just so gorgeous!! I love it! thanks for the link too ... I adore halloween cards but no one send them here and I can't make them in my Thursday club 'cos it is Church run and they don't approve ... so you keep them coming girlie ... As for which I prefer ... I love the images but when I see your pretty colouring .. I am smitten with them too ... please keep showing both ... (hugs)

Leah said...

Fun card, I love the colors and how you added the black lace. I love both style of cards you do, I am a total stamp addict and love seeing stamped cards, but I also love the vintage images and it gives me inspiration of how to use images and die cuts in a different way, so I would love to see both! Oh, and happy be-lated anniversary! My hubs and I just celebrated our 11th this month too:) Hugs..

cnelson said...

So darling!! Thank you for the tips on where to find vintage images!

papertrails leaver said...

what a pretty card! Thanks for sharing this site too! Love that piece of lace you used a long the bottom.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is very beautiful heather, the vintage image is just gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Sandy said...

that card is so cute/pretty. I love Halloween cards and love the vintage look of the images like that. The lighting of the photo looks good.

Rizzi said...

HI HEATHER,
THE FIRST THING THAT CAUGHT MY EYE WAS THE THE ADORABLE PICTURE, BUT I TRULY LOVE THE BUTTONS. THAT REALLY MAKES IT SO VINTAGE. WHAT A GREAT IDEA, AND SO SPECIAL. RIZZI

Mona Pendleton said...

How fun Heather! Love the Halloween card! That black lace looks perfect with that pretty Vintage image :)

Unknown said...

Lovely vintage Halloween card, Heather!

Stella said...

I just love the way you use this images but I also love to see the beauties you create with your stamps..... So please.... show us every creation. It's so much fun to visit your blog and there's always something beautiful to look at and read.
Thanks for sharing the link; can't wait to see the other card.
Have a beautiful day!
Hugs!

Kathy Martin said...

This is AWESOME Heather! :)

Lynnda said...

I love this Heather... its so gorgeous... the image is cute and I heart the ribbon too... your cards are always beautifully done... love it....xx

Sue Lelli said...

Another FAB image and i just LOVE the black lace at the bottom on an angle! I'll need to remember that cause I seem to always be so symmetrical!!!

Irena said...

Very pretty card.

PapierGirl said...

Oooh, I love that paper and the black lace! Nice work girl! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs