Saturday, September 3, 2011

Celebrate Fall

So, it is football time now and that means I head to my craft room.  My hubby was watching the Iowa State game which doesn't interest me in the least.  I am so happy to have a hobby that I can go do while he enjoys the games.  I am sure he likes it too...I am not standing in the way or talking too much.


I am thinking by now you can tell I have a horrible addiction to the new My Minds Eye papers.  I found 4 of the 6x6 packs at Hobby Lobby, but only bought 3 of them (Union Square, Market Street, and Portobello Road).  These are last years lines, but they just made them in 6x6 packs to my knowledge.  I was shocked to see they also had a lot of the new SB dies too.  


I used the new sketch at Card Patterns.  I love making horizontal cards and this is a great sketch for that.  You can see that I used the ribbon and bow instead of flowers to the right of the circle.  That just wasn't going to work for me and the image I wanted to use.  For some reason I see the sketch isn't up on the blog yet.  I found it on Silke's blog who is guest designing for them this week.


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI/Rustic Cream (base) and Kraft(mat)
DP: My Minds Eye/Lost and Found (Breeze, Sunshine)
Stamps: Flourishes/ Seasonal Wreaths
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz distress ink Vintage Photo & Fine Linen
Copics: YR21, YR23, YR 24, E31, E33, E37, YG93, YG 95, YG97, BVoo, BV02
Ribbon: Burnt Sienna by Offray
Twine: PTI, Rustic Cream
Spellbinder's Dies: Standar Circles LG, Lacy Circles
Pearls: KaiserCraft (cream and colored them with YG97 Copic marker)
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Machine Stitching

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather


21 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

I love this wreath Heather. It's just so pretty in your hands too! I fell in love with all the MME paper too. Can't wait for it to arrive this week!

Jodi Collins said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Heather! Your coloring is FABULOUS and I LOVE the papers and stitching!!!

BEARKIS said...

Прекрасен венец,Хедър,както всичко,което правите!Много ми харесва и вдъхнови!Хубав ден!

Ros said...

A girl can never have too much MME paper!! This is beautiful ... love the colours and your beautiful image ... football has started here too ... least said the better! Have a lovely day

farmhouse-story said...

love the lacey scallop peeking out from the wreath panel! i'm a football widow, too:) gotta wonder, if he did such a nice scraproom for me-- to keep me out of his hair:) beautiful card, heather!

Karen B. said...

So very beautiful! Love the big bold bow, but somehow you don't make it overpower your design. Wow!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous heather...the colors are so very perfect!

cnelson said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOVE the colors!!!

Stella said...

I love your take on the sketch. And with flowers as stunning as the ones you've colored you really don't need another flower :)
It's fabulous; a brilliant and gorgeous focal point and I love the way you added the bows. A lovely mix of ribbon and twine!
Hugs,
Stella

Theresa said...

What a beautiful card. Lovely image and fabulous colors. Fall is my favorite season.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Heather! Seriously, love that image and yeah, those papers are awesome!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous coloring!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Love the colors and your wonderful flowers! I am addicted to all of the MME, too.. :)

papertrails leaver said...

Heather this is gorgeous! Love the rich colors of Fall you have focused on. :-) Amy

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Heather,what a great fall wreath. I'm with you on the football...give me my art studio any day! And yes; yay to Hobby Lobby for the new goodies :)

Lynnda said...

I heart this card Heather... its so pretty!!!... hugs...xoxo

Mona Pendleton said...

Very beautiful card Heather! Those Sunflowers look gorgeous!

Lana said...

Very pretty!!!! I love the sunflowers - they are gorgeous! I love the colors of fall, MME paper and craft stores too, lol! :)

xx

Beate said...

You got me. I am so going to Hobby Lobby today!!!
Your card is freaking gorgeous and your coloring looks FANTASTIC!
Hugs and smiles

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW! How did I ever miss this one? It is GORGEOUS! Love the warmth of the dp's and ribbon and you've colored the stamp beautifully. Great job with the piercing, too. My Hobby Lobby is almost always running low on dp. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend. ~Hugs!

ellepaulette said...

Your coloring is beautiful and this is a great layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs